Monday, August 3, 2009

24 Hours in Hua Hin

Tim and I took the kids to Hua Hin for a day at the beach and pool.  The two and a half hour drive took us three hours, largely because of a long bathroom and food stop at a 7-11 on the way there. 

Tim made a reservation at the Hyatt because it has a really nice pool that snakes around the hotel.  The beach there is so-so, but that is the same for most of Hua Hin. 

The weather wasn't too bad.  It drizzled very lightly a good portion of both days.  There was no storm, and the rain was not heavy enough to prevent the kids from playing in the pool.  The upside to the rain was that the weather was very pleasant.  It wasn't too cold to swim, nor was it uncomfortable to sit around the pool.

We spent most of the time at the pool.  The kids really liked giant slide.  Aleena was actually too small to ride it.  I went up with her the first day, and was telling her to go.  She kept saying that we had to ask the lifeguard sitting there.  The guard looked up and told us that she couldn't.  On the second day a different lifeguard let her slide.ore

We went to dinner at Coco 51.  They have a Thai and Western menu.  We ended up ordering mostly Western fare.  Overall the food was pretty good.  My lasagna was average, but the fish and chips were fantastic.  The batter was crunch but not greasy and the fish itself tasted delicious.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that it was probably the best batter fried fish that I have eaten. 

Tim arranged for a 2:00 p.m. checkout, so the girls spent most of the second at the pool  Jacob spent a good deal of time at the beach playing in the sand.  I buried him in the sand, which got laughs from some of the passer byes. 

I only brought my Crocs on this trip, so I decided to run barefoot on the beach.  Jacob ran with me for a short time until he became tired. 

Before we left we ate lunch a the hotel.

No comments: