Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Yet Another


_MG_3304, originally uploaded by eBv iMAGES.

I really like this photo of Sine. I don't love the sunglasses, but I love the pose and colors.

I've been posting a lot of photos of my shoots with Sine lately. We've gone out twice, and I think between the two shoots, I've gotten about one thousand photos.

A big part of the reason that there are so many shots is that I usually shoot multiple exposures of the same shot by bracketing. I will take one photo that the camera things is correctly exposed, then one slightly under exposed then one slightly over exposed.

I do this for a few reasons If I'm shooting landscapes or non-humans, I'll do multiple exposures to make HDR images, which are usually very vibrant. While I typically do not do HDR with portraits, I bracket because the camera does not always get the exposure perfectly. By getting three shots, I have a much better chance that one will be to my liking.

I've been posting so many photos of Sine on Flickr that one of my Flickr contacts asked me if I was only doing portraits now. Its really just a matter of timing and convenience. One nice thing about photographing Sine is that I don't have to start shooting at 5:30 or 6:00 a.m. to catch her at her most beautiful.

No comments: