Thursday, November 15, 2012

Our Japan Trip

A silver lining to going through and  tagging my photos is that it gives me a chance to look at some of the photos that I've taken throughout the year.  I realized that got about halfway through blogging about our Japan trip in the spring before I stopped.

One night we visited the TMG building to get a view of the lights of Tokyo.  Perhaps the most striking thing about the night was not the view at all (although I very much enjoyed it), but what we saw on the way.  We passed by an area occupied by Japanese homeless people.  What was amazing was how neat and orderly everything was.  There sleeping bags were lined up in straight lines, and there was no clutter or garbage around.

I decided not to take photos of the homeless people.  Even though I could have taken some shots without displaying their faces, I decided against it.  If I were to walk through there again, I might go ahead and take the photos.

The TMG certainly does provide a great view of the city.  In order to avoid having a reflection when shooting through the windows, I placed my camera flush against the window, and used my body to block the light from inside the building.  The family was very patient, giving me plenty of time to take photos.  After we took the elevator all the way back down to the ground floor, one of the girls remembered that she had left her purse up at the top.  Tim went back up with her, while the rest of us waited.









No comments: