Sunday, January 27, 2013

1st Bowl Game

The 2013 Rose Bowl was not only Jacob's first college football game, but was also mine.  I've been to a many professional football games, both as a Bengals's season ticket holder and earlier as a food and novelty vendor, but I had never been to a college football game.

I knew that I wanted to take Jacob to a football game or a basketball game while we were in Southern California.  I was considered the San Diego Chargers game against the Oakland Raiders, a Lakers or Clippers game, and even USC basketball games.  Those were just another game in each of those teams seasons, while the Rose Bowl seemed a little more special than the others.

One thing that struck me was how much calmer the fans were at the game.  The fans were cheering their team, but it wasn't nearly as loud or crazy as a Bengals game.  There were only a few times in the game where the fans stood up.  Maybe it's just that Southern California laid back vibe.

The guy who sat next to Jacob told us that he had flown in from Minnesota earlier that day, and that it had been minus 17 when he left.  I think it was 60 or so degrees during the game, so that is quite the temperature change.



No comments: