Thursday, July 31, 2008

Return Trip

As some of you may have already heard, I'm coming back to the states again on August 9th. Tim and I decided that we want to try to rent the house in Cincinnati while we are here.

To facilitate such an occurrence, I need to do a lot of packing, cleaning and yard work. I was able to get a little done during our last trip, but with the three kids with me, it made it a lot tougher. Ideally I would have just pushed my ticket back in order to avoid the extra ticket cost. The problem is that the kids had to be back for school, and I couldn't well send them back by themselves.

I am flying on Northwest this time. Until a few minutes ago, the only seat I could get on the eleven hour Tokyo to Minneapolis flight was a middle seat. There were plenty of unassigned aisle (my preference) and window seats on the flight, but I couldn't select them as they are currently reserved for preferred fliers (i.e, someone with a butt load of frequent flyer miles). I've checked three or four times since booking, and I was just now able to select an aisle seat. I really can't imagine having to sit in the middle seat for an eleven hour flight. I know a lot of people do it, but I really and truly do not want to join their ranks.

No comments: