Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thanks

Since I've returned, a few people have told me that they enjoy reading the blog. I want to say thanks, and that I really appreciate the feedback.

I really want to write more, but a few things sometimes constrain me. First is just plain old motivation. I can certainly manage to find the time each day to write, but often when I'm tired I just don't feel like it. Ironically, given how tired I am right now, its a bit of a surprise that I'm actually blogging right now.

Another thing that I do is self-censor. I try for the most part to keep my blog PG-13, or at least a light R. In other words, it has to be mom friendly because, well, my mom reads it. And while in my normal conversations with my friends and peers I make colorful (and hopefully witty) use of four-letter words, they generally aren't words that I use around mom. Its like the time back a few Christmas ago when I introduced my brother to the show South Park. He and I were in the family room by ourselves watching a South Park episode. This episode featured Cartman singing "Kyle's mom's a big fat bitch" to a whimsical melody. In the middle of Cartman's rendition, mom walked in. At that moment, I half expected Cartman to turn to me from TV land, point one of his bloated fingers at me and gloatingly mock "you fail".

I am certainly glad that mom reads and enjoys (hopefully) the blog. What I might do, however, is occasionally mark whether a blog is mom safe or not. That way I can give warning to anyone (mom or otherwise) that I might be dealing with a "delicate" subject. Seems fair to me.

1 comment:

SwellWomen said...

Aloha from Maui,
Thanks for your great blog. I will be visiting Thailand for the first time in Oct/Nov. and am looking for a holistic dentist to remove my amalgams. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks so much for your help,
Me-Shell Mijangos

my website http://www.swellwomen.com