Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fender Bender

Tim was out of the office today, so I went to lunch with Sine.  We were on our way to the restaurant when a passenger van cut right in front of me.  I had to hit the breaks to avoid hitting the van.  I felt a jolt from behind.  I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a motor cycle down on the ground.  I said that he hit us.  Sine apparently is hard of feeling, because she missed the jolt.

We pulled over and went back to see if the two cyclists were okay.  At first one started to say that I swerved into him, but quickly changed his story.  I'm not quite sure why.  I tried to call Tim three or four times without success.  Finally, I had Sine call Top.  Top sent over some people from the office to help.

There was a big crack on my bumper.  Of course the motor cyclist didn't have insurance and didn't have the money to pay for it.  Still we waited.  Some people from the station came and talked to the other driver.  Sine was "explaining" what happened, and I had to interject.  Eventually we just went on our way.  It sucked because the entire thing took almost an hour, and I had the same result as if I had kept driving. 

I actually felt some sympathy for the motorcyslist, which is certainly not normal for me.  He should have maintained a safe distance, but the guy who really caused the accident was the passenger van who forced me to break suddenly. 

No comments: