Monday, May 3, 2010

Rational Debate

Glad to read and hear that my fellow countrymen back home are able to rationally discuss immigration issues, particularly the new laws in Arizona, without resorting to hyperbole and name calling.  Oh wait, we can't. 

Seriously, enough with the nazi comparisons already.  I haven't read the specifics on the bill, but I'm certain that Arizona is not going to round up illegal immigrations, place them in concentration camps and gas them.  You can disagree with the law and believe that it violates personal liberties and even that it is unconstitutional without such ridiculous exaggerations.  In my mind, such comparisons trivialize the brutality and inhumanity of what the Nazi's did and shows me in no uncertain terms that the speaker doesn't know what the hell they are talking about. 

No comments: