Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Father Daughter Dance

Saturday was the Father/Daughter dance here in Bangkok.  It's been a popular tradition as long as I've been here, but almost fell apart last year when the Girl Guides were no longer around to sponsor it.  The PTA took the reigns last year to save the day.  This year the Girl Scouts were involved with the dance, although it was not an official Girl Scout event.

Some of Aleena's friends, Nyla, Kaylee and Trinity came over for some photos before the dance.  Oh, and they brought their dates too.

This year's dance as hosted at the Dusit Thani hotel in Bangkok.  The ballroom looked nice and the food was decent.  For the girls, the stars of the event are not the food, the ballroom, and certainly not the dads.  They just really love dressing up and dancing and frolicking with their friends.

Once again this year I left my camera at home.  Well, I took a small camera, but only took a few photos.  I haven't even loaded them into my photo organizing software.









No comments: