Thursday, May 29, 2008

Busy Day

Thursdays are generally my busiest day. Its a long day for Aleena, so she doesn't get home until 2:30 on Thursdays, but the kids have a lot going on. Immediately after school, Jacob and Nalin participate in a drama after school program (from 2:15 until 3:15). At 3:00, Aleena has ballet lessons. At 3:30, Jacob has a cub scout meeting (I'm his den leader), and at 5:00, Jacob has tennis practice.

With the help of the nanny, and the close proximity of all the events to each other, its not all that difficult to make sure everyone gets to the next event. The only challenge is getting the kids to stop lingering where they are so we can move on.

Today, Jacob and Nalin had a performance for the parents in the drama class, Aleena had a "recital" for the parents, and Jacob's cub scouts had a pool party. I went to Jacob and Nalin's play, while Tim went to the ballet recital. I caught the end of the ballet recital before taking Jacob to the party.

I had a bit of a scare when we got home from the recital. I couldn't find my flash for my camera. On the way to Aleena's recital, we swung by the school. The drama director had given it to another parent to return to me. Fortunately, I ran into her on the way in.

No comments: