Thursday, May 22, 2008

Steps

About a week and a half ago I did something to my left calf. I was on the treadmill and I then felt a sudden pain in my lower left leg. It hurt enough that I had to immediately stop the workout. Of course, I have the really bad habit of not stretching before I work out, and I guess it caught up to me.

It seemed to be getting better, but has bothered me recently. It doesn't hurt too much when I just walk, but steps are a real pain. Unfortunately, our place has a lot of stairs. Walk in the front door, and you walk upstairs to the kitchen and dining room. Want to watch TV in the family room? Another set of stairs are in your future. The girls bedrooms are another flight up, while Tim and my bedroom is up another still. To reach Jacob's bedroom, you guessed it, another set of stairs.

Normally the stairs are just an inconvenience, but with my calf hurting, it really stinks. If it doesn't feel better pretty soon, I'm going to have to go to the doctor.

No comments: