Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween

Invoking the spirit of the next major American holiday, I and thankful that my Halloween experience did not turn out like my Halloween pictures.

Tim and I took the kids trick or treating on Halloween, while Booah passed out candy. Assuming she followed instructions, we had about 250 or so trick or treaters.

There were also two haunted houses in Nichada. The first one that we visited was so frightening that Aleena and Nalin laughed through out and went through it four times. The highlight of the first haunted house was when Jacob thought that there was a statue in front of him. He nudged it with his candy bag, only to nearly jump out of his shoes when the "statue" moved. Jacob was the only one of us who visited the second haunted house. The girls had already gone back home, and I passed on the opportunity because it was getting late, lightly drizzling, and appeared to be geared for kids.

Overall the night was a lot of fun. The kids came back with a fair amount of candy, more than they will eat. Tim is going to give a lot of it away to some less fortunate children.

My pictures on Halloween were mostly awful. The pictures I took of Aleena's class mates during the Halloween party were poorly lit and composed. The ones that I took of our kids in their costumes suffered more from poor composition than lighting issues. I may be able to use Photoshop to salvage a few, but you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. (No, that was not a reference to Sarah Palin).

No comments: