Sunday, May 3, 2009

New Suit

On our way home today, Tim and I had planned on stopping by Central so I could pick up a suit for the father-daughter dance on Saturday.  We stopped on Friday and done some shopping.  Even after I lost the weight, there wasn't a large selection available.  Still, I found something decent for about two hundred dollars.  We held off buying it because I wanted to search the house one more time to see if I had brought a suit over.  Unfortunately, my fifth search proved no more fruitful than the previous four.

We decided to drive by a few tailors on our way that had been closed on Friday.  One of the shops was closed when we arrived at 6:05, but the other was open until 7:00.  There were a bunch of suits already on the rack, but they were all too small for me.  The good news, however, was that they could tailor a suit for me by Saturday, and the cost was about eighty-five dollars.  Because I am so large, my suit was more expensive than normal.  I think the normal price for a tailored suit there was sixty-five or seventy dollars. 

I go in tomorrow for a quick jacket fitting.  The suit will be ready by Friday.  If I like their work, I might buy a tuxedo and a few suits.  If I'm not happy, well so long as it makes it through Saturday night I'll be okay.

No comments: