Monday, June 8, 2009

Bangkok Skytrain Photo


Brian BTS, originally uploaded by spurlock.

I went to Emporium on Sukhumvit today to buy some books and some tickets to the acrobat show on Sunday. I could have gotten both a little closer by, but I wanted to eat at one of the places in Emporium, and take a picture on the BTS.

The BTS is Bangkok's sky train. Sometimes when I need to go to more than one place downtown, I'll drive and park near the first place, and then take the BTS around.

My idea was to take a picture of me in the foreground with the moving train in the background. I set up my tripod and took my first shot. As I need to set the camera on the ten second timer because I do not have a wireless timer. This means that I only get one shot each time a train departs. I probably could have set up so that I got one upon the train’s arrival, and another upon departure, but I didn't think of it until I had left.

A guard approached me after the first shot. I think he was wondering what I was up to. I showed him the shot that I had taken on my LCD display, and he was pretty friendly. He asked me questions in Thai that I didn't understand and stayed near me until I left.

I took a second shot and after reviewing the two shots in my LCD (magnifying them of course), I decided to go. It was hot, and I think the security guard, while friendly, was a little nervous about me being there.

This was the second shot, and I think it turned out all right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did you do such an amazing effect?:D

x dama x

Anonymous said...

how did you do such an amazing effect?:D

x dama x