Monday, June 15, 2009

World Acrobat Show

Yesterday, Tim and I took the kids to the World Acrobat show.  It was billed as a cirque style show. 

It was a pretty good show.  The strength and agility of some of the acrobats was pretty amazing.  To me, however, the act that stole the show was a routine where a guy is putting on his coat, which has a hanger in it.  He ends up with one arm in his coat, which suddenly seems to take on a life of its own.  If Jacob's loud guffaws were any indication, it was down right hilarious to the nine year old crowd.

There was definitely some questionable food at the show.  The taco served at the arena was probably one of the worst I've had in quite a long time.  The worst food was something I didn't even eat.  About half way through the show, I was hit by a nasty smell.  I was thinking it was kimchie gone horribly wrong.  Tim pointed to the source, a couple munching on something about twenty feet away.  It was truly a foul smell.  I was almost hoping for someone to break wind to give me a break from the smell.

Theatrical and entertainment merits aside, I think the show probably ended up a financial disappointment.  The show was in the Muang Impact Arena (conveniently near our home), and a lot of the seats were covered with a black tarp.  Additionally, a fair number of the uncovered seats were unoccupied.  Apparently, even the family promotion of four tickets for the price of three wasn't enough to bring Thais out to see some cirque.  

No comments: