Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sunrise Tacos

Nichada turned off the electric for a few hours today in order to do some tree trimming.  The idea was to prevent the kind of power outages that we had a few weeks back.

I decided to go downtown to Emporium to look for a book and try Sunrise Tacos.  I didn't find the book I was looking for, but was able to try Sunrise. 

Sunrise Tacos serves Mexican food and is located on the 5th floor of Emporium's food court.  They have seating for forty or so guests.  The menu had what you might expect on a menu in a Mexican restaurant; tacos, burritos, and enchiladas.  I tried the Cowboy Taco platter which consisted of three crispy beef tacos, refried beans and rice.  The food was good.   You never know how beef will taste in Thailand, but this definitely passed muster. 

Sunrise actually advertises that they deliver in Bangkok.   We are not actually in Bangkok, so I think that we are probably outside the delivery area.  I'll check anyway, because while Sunrise is not worth flying to Thailand to sample, its a lot better than the local Mexican offering. 

No comments: