Monday, February 28, 2011

A Little Running

I've been having a hard time making it to the gym lately, instead I've just been running.  I usually run 5 or 6 days a week; usually 5k twice a day.  It probably would be better to run 10k all at once, but the only time that it is "cool" to run is very early in the morning or at night.  Running even in the late morning is tough, and the afternoon can just sap all the strength out of you.

Today I managed to put in over ten miles (about 17k) over three runs.  I ran at 5:00 a.m., 4:00 p.m. and then again at 8:00 p.m.  I'm not sure that it is really helping my weight, because although I haven't stepped on a scale in a while, I don't seem to have lost any weight.  

One of Aleena's classmate's father is offering a U.S. Ranger style training class to get people in shape.  I'm thinking about doing it, although I'm not completely sold on it.  Tim has already committed to doing it.  If I do, I'm not sure if I should do it at the same time or not.  

No comments: