Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Bears & An Aging Rock Star

This evening was Pack 701's Blue & Gold celebration.  Jacob and four of his den mates earned their Bear badge.  I had ordered badges for all six members of den 5 just in case, and only one did not complete all the requirements.  One of the boys completed his final achievement last night.

Receiving the badge at the Blue & Gold is nice for the boys because it was held in the school's auditorium.  They got to go up on stage and be the center of attention for few moments.  The biggest part of the awards ceremony is for the Weblo II's who "graduate"  to the Boy Scouts. 

In addition to the awards, this year's Blue & Gold featured a father and son cake contest.  Jacob and I used the cup cakes that I made with the extra batter from his birthday cake.  I was unable to buy white icing and didn't want to make it, so we used chocolate icing and decorated the cup cakes with M&Ms.  Due to some behavior issues, we left before the awards or the cake eating. 

Tim did not make it to the Blue & Gold.  The other place to be in Bangkok this evening was the Rod Stewart concert at the Muang Thong Impact Theater.  Tim had been hoping to get comped some tickets from her representative at Singha Beer.  Singha is Thailand's most popular beer, and is usually a major sponsor of concerts and shows.  She talked to him last week and he told her that the concert was very popular, and that the tickets were not trickling down to his level.  Tim was actually thinking about buying a ticket, but they were pretty pricey.  Late last night her contact called and told her that he had managed to get her tickets.  I was already committed to going to the Blue & Gold, so she took someone from work.

I think there will be quite a few Westerners at the concert.  I know of at least five or six other people going, and I haven't really been asking around.  While I don't really miss going to the show, I'm sure the crowd would have provided me with some amusement. 



2 comments:

e_tv said...

You mean Jacob still can not take you out in public without you acting up?

Unknown said...

Indeed I was having difficulty restraining myself.