Monday, March 2, 2009

Two Mysteries Solved

A week or so ago I noticed an odd smell when I opened one of the lower cabinets in the kitchen.  It was unusual because we really don't keep any food in that cabinet.  There were some unfrozen popsicles there, but they certainly did not account for the smell.  Yesterday I opened the cabinet when the maid was in the kitchen, so I asked her to take a look inside.

This morning when I came down from breakfast, Yaow showed me the spoiled bag of lunch meat that she found in the cabinet.  This solved not only the case of the funky smell, but also of the missing lunch meat bag.  A few weeks ago I bought some ham at the grocery store, but couldn't find it later that day.  I usually don't put the groceries away (the maid does), so I assumed that I had forgotten the bag at the store.  It turns out the bagger had put the lunch meat in a bag with some packs of unfrozen popcicles.  Booah had not noticed the lunch meat, so she put the entire bag in the cabinet.     
 

No comments: