Monday, March 9, 2009

Its a Small World

Yesterday, Nalin told me that they were working on a project with a school from Cincinnati.  She said that her classmates were writing stories to send to the kids at the other school who would help edit their work.  Those kids would in turn write stories that Nalin's class would help edit.

Nalin was excited about it, and I admit that it piqued my interest.  There are a lot of schools in the U.S. that ISB could have been paired with, so I thought it was pretty neat that they were matched to one in our home town.  I stopped by Nalin's class this morning to ask her teacher the name of the other school.  Her teacher, Ms. Pucci, looked it up and informed me that it was Wilson Elementary on Little Dry Run.

Wilson Elementary is located about a mile from our house and is in the same school district that the kids attended.  Jacob and Nalin attended Mercer Elementary, which is a little closer to the house, but not by much.  Jacob's football team actually practiced one year at Wilson. 

I think that it is really pretty neat that the school is so close to our home in Cincinnati.  I'm going to find out the teacher's name and write her an email, telling her about Nalin's connection.  My goal is to get something in the local paper.  I'm not sure if I can get it into the Enquirer or just the local Anderson newsletter, but I'm going to try.  Maybe I can get Wilson to help push the story, as it would be publicity for what they are doing.  Its a nice human interest story.

I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Dr. M was naked during a lot of the movie, and no they did not blur his privates. :)

I really enjoyed the movie, even if it was almost 3 hours long it didn't seem like it was.