Friday, June 18, 2010

Internet Here and There

While I have "high speed" Internet access in Thailand, being back in the States reminds me of just how slow it is there. Sometimes it takes thirty or more minutes to upload a dozen or so photos to Flickr. It took only a couple of minutes here. Sometimes I jokingly refer to it as "Thai speed" Internet.


I also appreciate being able to watch TV shows on hulu.com. For those of you not in the know, you can watch TV shows on hulu. Unfortunately, it is blocked outside the U.S. When I try to access it in Thailand, I get a message saying that it is unavailable in my country. I could go to the trouble of getting a proxy server to hide my IP address and possibly gain access to the show, but with the slow connection speed, I don't think that it is worth the effort.

No comments: