Friday, June 18, 2010

Our Friday

Today was a pretty easy going day. It started off a bit earlier than I had hoped, as I woke up at 4:30 to the sound of footsteps on the floor above. When I went upstairs, I found my three children and my nephew watching TV. The new rule is that no-one leaves their room before 6:00 a.m.

I'm having the kids do reading and some summer school work over the break. We started that in earnest today. Mom and dad came over for lunch, which consisted of carryout from Jacob's favorite sub shop (and perhaps even favorite restaurant), Jersey Mike's.

After lunch we went to Juilif's Park for a few hours, before stopping for Slush Puppies, and then a trip to Walmart. There are still a great many things that I need to pick up before we leave, but managed to get a start on it.





No comments: