Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cambodia Photos

Our trip to Siem Reap and the surrounding ruins was not really a photo trip.  Yes, I took my camera and carried my tripod around a lot, but generally I shot hand held.  Nor did I get up at sunrise and sunset to catch the perfect light.

I just wasn't in that driven single mindedness that I was on some trips.  The large part of this is that Tim was there.  Don't get me wrong, she is really supportive of my hobby and sometimes obsession.  Its just that if I am really serious about photography on a trip, then that is pretty much my only concern.  In that case, having someone else around is probably going to just frustrate me and the person.  Maybe if it was someone else who was of the same mindset it would work.

Despite the more casual approach to taking photos, I think that some of them turned out well.  They are probably going to trickle up to Flickr (and then some to this blog), and I have a few to go through, and will be going to Phuket on Saturday.  I don't think I have any shots that I will want to blow up and frame, but I think there are some that are nice.  

I did take a lot of photos of Tim on this trip, and many of them turned out well.  Of course the ones that didn't are completely the fault of the photographer and not my beautiful photogenic wife (hey, she might read this).  

_MG_7877-Edit
  
_MG_7458-Edit

_MG_6483v2-Edit

No comments: