Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Return From Chiang Mai

We just got back from Chiang Mia this evening. I have a lot of pictures, some of them are actually decent. I'll blog about the trip a bit later and upload some pictures.. Yeah, I know, I still have to talk about the seamier side of Pattaya. I'll get to it. Really.

This evening I had to finish a bit of gift wrapping for tomorrow morning. I did most of the wrapping before we left, but there were a few outstanding items.

As you may remember, my iPod died via drowning a month or so ago. I ordered one from Amazon and had it sent to a friend who works at the U.S. Embassy. It avoids the Thai mail that way. I also ordered some books for Nalin. My friend told me that it was unlikely that they would arrive before Christmas. Low and behold, a Christmas miracle occurred, and the items arrived today. After syncing the iPod iTouch, I wrapped it up as my gift. I saved about 30% ordering it from the U.S. I had to wait almost three weeks, but the cost savings justified it. Instant gratification for the loss!

No comments: