Thursday, July 29, 2010

Adjusting

The eleven hour time zone shuffle is truly a wonderful thing to experience.  And by wonderful, I mean it really sucks.  Okay, its not really that bad, but its hardly fun. 

I generally try to deal with jet lag by getting on a regular schedule as soon as I can.  We got home last night around 2:00 a.m., but I didn't get to bed until almost 4:00 a.m.  I woke up this morning around 8:00, and plan to stay up until at least 8:00 or 9:00 tonight.  I managed to get in a light workout today, as one of my goals when I get back is to lose a lot of fat.  I've been slacking on watching my diet and exercising over the past few months, particularly when I was in the States.

This method generally gets me on a regular schedule pretty quickly.  I'll usually be pretty tired in the evening, but I try not to nap until I get adjusted. 

The kids do not follow daddy's guide to overcoming jet lag.  The girls were up early (if they really went to sleep at all), but by 11:00 a.m., they were both out and are still sleeping as of 5:30 p.m.  Jacob only woke up a few minutes ago.  They don't have school for another nine or ten days, so long as they don't wake us up in the middle of the night, its fine if they adjust their own way. 

No comments: