Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sawyer Point and Devou Park


_MG_9340-3010
Originally uploaded by ebvImages
Today I took the kids (with Yaow) to Sawyer Point and Devou Park. We stopped for lunch in between at the combination KFC/Long John Silvers in Newport. God, no wonder why we get fat so easily here.

The kids enjoyed the parks, although I think we were a bit tired and grumpy. They were up late on Thursday night from Kings Island, and didn't go to bed until 9:30 last night.

While we were at the park, a woman asked Yaow how she had such beautiful children. I'm not sure that it was meant as an insult, but I might have taken it that way. "Look at me, of course they would be beautiful." Of course Yaow failed to point to me as the obvious answer.

While we were at Devou, a wedding party came for photographs. The photographer was there early as the wedding party was lost. I'd laugh at them, but I've had issues finding the Drees Pavilion before. In any case, the photographer was watching me take photos of Aleena. She made some suggestions to Aleena on how to pose. My first instinct was to get annoyed and take it as a challenge that I wasn't doing something right, but surprisingly, I got over it pretty quickly. I think that part of the reason that I didn't feel "threatened" is that I'm getting a lot more comfortable with taking photos. I'm not a professional, but I have a fairly decent idea of what I am doing.

Of course, I did get annoyed with the kids towards the end. I wanted to take a group shot, and they weren't cooperating. They really weren't that bad, but I think I was tired and less tolerant of shenanigans.

No comments: