Thursday, September 16, 2010

Health Week - Attack of the Fruit Kabobs


_MG_5740-Edit
Originally uploaded by ebvImages
As part of Health Week, the PTA asked parents to bring in fruit kabobs today. A fruit kabob is four or five bite size pieces of fruit on a wooden stick.

The students went to the ES gym where the high school students and some of the teaches had set up stations to teach the younger ones about healthy eating. It was a lot of "sugar is bad, vegetables are good."

At one station, they were asking the kids if they ate certain things for breakfast that morning. There was one boy in Aleena's class who raised his hand for about five things; including three kinds of cereal and pancakes. I think he was just caught up in the moment.

I took my camera and took some photos while I was there. I was fortunate to get a photo of Aleena and some of her friends.

No comments: