Thursday, December 10, 2015

Childhood's End

I was looking for a good science fiction/fantasy book and saw and advertisement for the movie adaptation of Arthur C. Clarke's 1953 classic Childhood's End. While I was certainly aware of Arthur C. Clarke's preeminence as a science fiction author, I had never read any of his books.  In fact, I am not sure if I even saw the movie adaptation of  2001: A Space Odyssey.  

I bought Childhood's End for my Kindle and paid the extra $1.99 for the audio version and am definitely glad that I did.  I listened to the story while working out and doing things around the house.

Not to spoil things, but the premise of the story involves humanity's first contact with an alien race.  Although written over 60 years ago, the story holds up remarkably well.  While some of the human technology is certainly outdated, the theme of the story is just as relevant today as when written. 





No comments: