Monday, June 9, 2008

Food Court

This evening we had dinner at one of the nicest food courts that I've been to in a long time. Where, might you ask, was this most excellent food court? You might guess it was in an upscale mall like Paragon or Central World. No, this was located in a hospital.



There was nothing to worry about, everyone is fine. We took the girls to the doctor for their allergies an exceema. The doctor's office is actually in the building adjacent to the hospital.


Unlike a lot of food courts where you buy tickets to purchase your food, you receive a card when you enter the food court. When you order food, the merchant adds the item to your cards total. You then pay when you leave.



This food court had Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Cajun, Middle Eastern and American food. I tasted some Thai food that Tim had ordered to my mixed satisfaction. While I was not particularly enamoured with pig intestines and pig liver, I did find the roasted duck curry to be very good. Of course, the fact that the intestines were very chewy didn't help. Tim told me that they were not prepared very well.



I've actually started to like more curries the longer that I've been here. Some of them have some really nice flavors.

No comments: