Saturday, June 21, 2008

Navigation

Today, I went to Fortune IT Mall and bought a new toy. I bought a GPS system. One of the challenges that I have when driving is that I really don't know my way around Bangkok. Its a big city, and I can't always just stop and get directions. And that lovely web site that I loved back in the good ol' USA, mapquest, well, there is no Thai mapquest.

I bought a Garmin nuvi 200 compact navigation device. It cost 12,000 baht loaded with the Thai map software. I haven't had the chance to use it much, and frankly, I probably won't until I get back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does it display/speak in English or Thai?

Brian V. (aka Spurlock) said...

You can select English or Thai, and perhaps even other language options. Not surprisingly, I've set it for English.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's probably best you don't have Thai Mapquest. If it existed and were to be anything like USA mapquest, you'd have better luck figuring it out on your own (or stopping for directions).