Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Yesterday I came home and Jacob was playing some netless badmitton with some of the neighborhood kids and the mother of two of the girls. The mother, Kuhn Thon is really very nice. My wife Tim really likes her. They don't hang out together very much, but then again my wife really doesn't have a lot of time for that with work.

Thon told me that a few minutes before that Jacob had told her that he didn't think that she was the two girls mother, rather that she was their maid. Nice one Jacob, that's a real way to make friends here. Kuhn Thon was laughing when she told me the story, so she seemed to think it was funny. Its certainly not, however, an effective strategy to verbalize your belief that someone is a maid when they are indeed not.

No comments: