Friday, February 20, 2009

Bibidy Bobidy Boo

I kept Aleena home from school today. She was running a fever, coughing and had some green mucus occassionally leaking out of her. Yesterday I picked up some medicine from the pharmacy for her. I probably would have kept her out of school yesterday, but I didn't want her to miss the field trip.

Aleena spent most of the day either napping or laying on the couch watching TV. I did take her and Nalin to the school's production of Cinderella. The show was well done, and the girls really enjoyed it.

I was pretty tired myself this morning, as Aleena woke me up a few times during the night. Instead of working out at my usual time of 8:30, I took a nap and didn't go until 10:30. I did the Stair Master for 30 minutes, lifted weights and swam a kilometer. When I got home, I weighed myself, and probably for the first time since I was in my 20's, I weighed less than two hundred pounds. Of course, after I ate lunch and drank plenty of liquids, I was back over by a few pounds, but it was nice to hit that milestone.

Lately, I've felt a bit frustrated by my progress. It felt like I hadn't really lost much weight over the past month. After I did some calculations, I realized that I've lost thirteen pounds in the last thirty days. If I can do the same thing over the next thirty days, I'll be within striking distance of my goal.

No comments: