Sunday, February 15, 2009

Camp Out

Last night, Cub Scout Pack 701 held its annual camp out. As I mentioned in an earlier blog, the location was moved because there have been reports of a number of people getting ill at the original site. The new sight was Samakee Place, a location a bike's ride from Nichada.

Samakee Place is a small community that used to house U.S. Embassy personnel. The reason that we chose it is because it has a large grass field upon which we could set up camp.

The festivities started at 3:00 p.m., and included games, a grill out, some singing, and a marsh mellow roast. The coordinator volunteered me to lead a group of the boys, and somehow I ended up with Jacob and the rest Weblos 2. Jacob actually liked to hang out with the older boys, so it worked out pretty well.

We slept in tents pitched on the grass field. In my case, there was not much sleep to be found, as the combination of warm weather, bugs and hard ground did a perfect storm of comfort make. Tim and the girls were there during the day, but went home to sleep. They returned in the morning.

A local restaurant catered breakfast this morning. It was a western breakfast of bacon, eggs, and pancakes. It wasn't too bad.

One of the bear scout's mom, Nicole, organized everything. She did a great job, particularly after having to change everything a week out.

I've been pretty tired most of the day because of the lack of sleep. I think I've fallen asleep twice. Hopefully I will be able to stay awake the rest of the day, as Tim and I are going to see the musical Chicago in a little while. Sanghai Beer is a sponsor and comped Tim the tickets.

No comments: