Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine's Day Party

Today Aleena's class celebrated Valentine's day. One of the mom's organized it. There were some activities for the kids, including decorating a large poster, making a paper flower, and making then eating chocolate covered bannanas. It was a very nice time, and at the end of class the kids were passing out valentines to each other.

The most memorable part of the party for me, however, took place about mid-way through. I was lifting up Aleena and a few of her friends. I'm in the classroom quite a bit, and most of the kids are very comfortable around me. One boy came up, and I picked him up, held him upside down, and pretended like I was trying to shake coins lose from his pockets. When I put him down, he spins around and hits his fist into my private parts. He didn't hit me that hard, but as they say in real estate, its all about location.

No comments: