Thursday, July 2, 2009

Canyon X Beam of Light


Canyon X Beam of Light, originally uploaded by spurlock.

On Monday, I went to Page Arizona to see Canyon X and Antelope Canyon. These are narrow sandstone canyons that offer some great photographic opportunities.

Only one company provides Canyon X tours. Normally, the minimum tour size is 2 (max is 6), but Charly, a thin, tall, former tattoo artist and German immigrant made an exception and took me by myself. There are two parts to Canyon X, but the upper part was flooded so we had to skip it.

To get to Canyon X, we had to go off road for a good thirty minutes. After that, it was a hike of about 15 minutes.

I had Canyon X to photograph for about three hours. Its really beautiful, and visiting it will probably be the highlight of my trip.

I'll blog more about the entire trip later. I'm slowly putting up pictures on flickr, but right now, I only have up a handful.

No comments: