Monday, January 11, 2010

Back to School

The kids went back to school today.  Nalin was actually looking forward to going back, Aleena didn't really look forward to it, while Jacob could best be described as dreading it.  Well, maybe dreading is too strong a word, but he certainly didn't want to go back. 

The kids were pretty busy today.  Jacob had soccer practice as well as practice for the Wizard of Oz play.  Nalin started swimming lessons again, while Aleena had both soccer and swimming.  I think they were  a bit tired

It was also the end of Tim's vacation.  She has only worked a few days that the kids were off.  It was nice for her to get some "rest", and she has certainly earned some time away from work.  Of course, its 9:00 p.m. tonight and she's still working, so she's already starting to make up for it.

I am glad that the kids are back so I can also settle back into my routine.  Today I lifted for the first time in a few months. I also swam a kilometer and ran two miles.  I wanted to run longer, but I did it during Aleena's soccer practice at the ISB track.  I really don't like running on the track, even though it is a rubberized surface.  There are just too many convenient places to stop.  When I'm out running, if I stop, it might be a long walk home.  My plan is to work out pretty hard for the next couple of months.  Its not a New Year's resolution, more like a continuation of what I started about 14 months ago. 

The weather has been really nice and cool here.  By cool, I mean high in the upper 80's.  The nice thing is that the humidity is not as high as normal, which makes it a lot more pleasant. 

No comments: