Friday, January 15, 2010

The Monkeys in Lop Buri


_MG_5618
Originally uploaded by ebvImages
It really was amazing at how the monkeys had full run of part of the city when we visited the province of Lop Buri a few weeks ago. You can see from the photo that they were climbing all over the buildings.

I was surprised to see them hanging from the power lines. The local government has decided that the monkeys have become an attraction, so they let them pretty much run unobstructed around the place. It was the worst around one temple where the monkeys were brave enough to actually steal from people. One picked a water bottle out of Tim's back pocket.

I was actually careful with my camera, making sure not to put it on the ground when I was setting up my tripod. I don't know if one would grab it, but I don't know that one wouldn't either.

No comments: