Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hang Over


Hang Over
Originally uploaded by ebvImages
During our trip to Phangnga, we took a long tail boat ride around some of the islands. One of our stops was at Nail Island. Nail Island is also known as James Bond Island because it was made famous in a boat chase scene in a Bond film.

We went ashore on the other side of the island, and it was a five or ten minute walk to see the "nail". Before we went, we had a picnic on the beach around the stop where I took this photograph.

You can see how the wind and water have eroded the rock to build this outcropping. I didn't have my widest angle lens on the camera at the time, so I didn't really know if the shot would turn out well, as the cliff continues up out of the frame of the photo. I didn't mount my camera on the a tripod, I just composed it and shot.

I think it turned out pretty nicely. I really like the color of the rock. Sometimes I want to take a shot without people in it, but I think that it actually helps give perspective.

No comments: