Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Inspired


_MG_7512
Originally uploaded by ebvImages
A few days ago I was looking at some older photos. I have so many that I'm looking through and uploading to Flickr. I enjoy it, but sometimes it seems like I have way too many.

In any case, I found a photo that I had forgotten about that I took from the back of a tuk tuk. I converted it to black and white. I found that I really liked it. So last night I took my camera out and hit Sukhumvit. I had a cab drop me off at Sukhumvit Soi 1, and walked up to Soi 30. A soi is the name for a side street.

My plan was for the photos to be black and white, and I didn't use any flash. That meant that I had to use a high iso (1600 and 3200), which makes for more noise in the photos. I didn't care because I wanted a bit of a gritty look.

i took about 130 photos. As I was riding home, I didn't have a great feeling about what I'd captured. I'm not always comfortable taking candids of people on the street, but I did do some of that.

When I loaded the shots onto my PC and converted them to black and white, I was really pleased. I found quite a few that captured the mood that I was looking for. The photo with this post was one of my favorite.

No comments: