Thursday, January 14, 2010

Snail's Pace


_MG_6962
Originally uploaded by ebvImages
This morning when I was taking the kids to school, I noticed some snails in the potted plants outside the front door. When I returned from dropping the kids off, I got my camera and my macro lens flash.

My Christmas present this year was a Canon MR14EX ring flash. The MR14 is a flash designed for macro lenses. Macro lenses are used to get very close to the subject. They can focus at a very short distance and fill up the frame with even a small subject. My macro lens is the Canon 100mm 2.8 macro lens.

Unlike most external flashes (ones not built into the camera) which are mounted on top of the camera (bad way to do it) or externally on a light stand, the MR14 is a ring flash. It actually mounts on the end of the lens. There is a flash on both sides to help to provide more uniform lighting on such small subjects.

Anyway, I took some photos of the snails. While I realize that they are not the most beautiful subject, they do have an interesting look and skin texture.

Anyway, I ga

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I to but I think the collection should prepare more info then it has.