Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Dark Knight

Tonight I finally saw the latest Batman movie, The Dark Knight. The biggest surprise was not how much I enjoyed the movie, but how long it took me to finally see it.

I really enjoyed The Dark Knight and think it was the best movie in the Batman franchise to date. In fact, its one of the best super hero movies ever made. It captured the darkness of the Batman character and his villans. The movie was about two and a half hours long, but unlike some films, it didn't seem like it.

Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker was infinitely superior to Jack Nicholas'. Of course, some of that may be a result of the scripts or the overall tone of the respective films. Ledger's Joker is down right creepy and I liked it.

Of course, like any super hero movie, a certain amount of suspension of belief is required. Not the kind of suspension that you need to watch a guy fly around with a red cape or swing through town on a web, but a little more than you need to follow Jack Baeur through a day.

Even if you are not a a super hero fan, if you like action movies, I think you'll like The Dark Knight.

No comments: