Saturday, August 2, 2008

Turning Angel

Since I've been a little kids, I've loved to read. When I was young, I loved Encyclopedia Brown and the Chose Your Own Adventure series. I vividly remember my next door neighbor Al Remley, (aka Big Al) inviting my over to his porch and reading the first chapter of a series starring the character Sekatary Hawkins. As a fifth grader, I looked at Big Al incredulously when he asked me of I could read. In any case he lent me the collectible books, and I really enjoyed reading them.

The love for reading really has followed me through life. The majority of my reading is fiction, although I am certainly not unfamiliar with non-fiction, particularly current events. When it comes to politics and current events, I think Bob Woodward is as good as the come.

One fiction author that I really enjoy is Greg Iles. Like his fellow southern author John Grisham, Iles has penned many a page turning thriller. I recently finished Turning Angel, the story of a former prosecutor who returns to his home town and finds himself in the position of trying to exonerate his boyhood friend after the friend's high school lover turns up dead.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure we are brothers. I hate to read, if I can't watch it on TV or listen to it on CD then it is not worth my time.