Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Packing and Cheap Tripods

Today Dave and Joe came over and helped me to load some of the furniture into the pod. The whole packing experience is just not very much fun.

This evening I went to downtown Cincinnati for an hour or so to take a few pictures of the suspension bridge. I left my nicer tripod back in Thailand figuring that the cheap one that I had here would suffice for a few weeks.

The difference between a cheap and a nice tripod became very apparent today. I was shooting over a chain link fence at one point, so I had to fully extend the tripod. I was also using my heaviest lens (Canon 70-200 2.8 IS). The tripod was actually swaying and I had a hard time keeping it stable. I actually got some blurry pictures using the tripod.

I was pretty disappointed in the overall quality of the pictures, so I won't post any.

No comments: