Saturday, September 13, 2008

Back

Its been a few weeks since I've blogged or taken a picture for that matter. Getting our house in Cincinnati ready to rent out turned out to be a much larger endeavor than I had originally anticipated.

My three week trip turned into a five week packing, cleaning and painting fest. Mom, dad, Dave and Joe helped out, but there was so much to do. By the end, I was just wanting to get done.

The trip wasn't all work and no play. When I arrived back in the states I went on a three day convention trip with some friends. The convention was Gencon, a large gaming (the geek, not gambling variety) convention that I first attended back in 1991. The most memorable part of the con was playing a drinking version of battle cards with the guys, checking out some indie films, admiring our enormous hotel suite, and drinking the strawberry water at the hotel. They had a large water dispenser in the hotel, and it had ten or so dozen strawberries in it. The water had a slight strawberry taste, which I rather enjoyed.

In any case, I am back in Thailand now (more about that later), so the blogging should be more regular.

No comments: