Tuesday, September 16, 2008

From the Mouth of Babes

I was having coffee this morning at Starbucks with one of my friends here in Thailand, Megan. Megan and I worked together on cub scouts last year, and her son Adam is in Jacob's class this year. She told me a funny story.

Earlier this school year she stopped by their class to drop off some cup cakes. When Jacob saw her, he went and talked to her. He asked her if she dyed her hair blond. She was a bit surprised by his inquiry, but quickly explained to him that her hair turns that color in the sun.

Now, I am certainly not one to offer an opinion on the veracity of Megan's response to Jacob's question. I will, however, repeat his follow up question as she relayed it to me. He looked at her and said, "Then why are the roots dark?"

Smooth Jacob, very smooth.

No comments: