Monday, September 15, 2008

Sleep Schedule

Adjusting to an eleven hour time difference is always fun. By fun I mean being tired and out of sorts for a few days. In retrospect, I guess its not really fun at all.

I arrived home at 1:30 am Sunday morning. I went to bed about two hours later, and less than four hours after that Aleena discovered that I was home and woke me up.

Yesterday I was pretty tired, physically and mentally. My legs felt heavy walking up the steps and if I didn't keep my mind occupied I could feel my eyes start to close. I was tempted to take a nap, but those are a mixed blessing. On one hand, they can make you feel a bit better. However a five hour snooze fest in the middle of the afternoon may make sleeping through the night unlikely, further extending the jet lag.

I avoided the nap and fell asleep at 6:00 pm. Woke up at 2:30 am, and only dozed another hour or so until I had to get up this morning with the kids.

I'm still pretty tired today, but I actually feel like I have a bit of nervous energy. Should not have any trouble sleeping early tonight. Hopefully in a few days I'll be largely adjusted. Then I can take afternoon naps.

No comments: