Monday, September 15, 2008

Model Students

This afternoon, Nalin went to her friends house after school. While I told her that I would allow her to do that, I told her that she had to call first. Well, she forgot, so after searching the school for her, I went to her friend's house to fetch her.

As we walked home, there were three or four high schoolers from ISB walking about ten feet behind us. I could hear one of the loud ones talking about something, and he said the word "faggot" pretty loudly. I kind of cringed a bit, being as Nalin is only 7, and does not really need to hear that kind of language. I thought for a second whether to say something to him, but I decided to wait. There was a slight chance he had not seen her when he said it, and realized it and would curb himself. Of course, I knew that this would not happen. He was going to say it again in the next thirty seconds. I could feel it. He used the word because he thought it would make the others laugh. They hadn't laughed loudly, so he would try again.

Twenty seconds later, it was something about Ohio and "faggot" again. I turned around and told him not to use that word, pointed at Nalin and said she was a second grader. He just looked at me for a second and didn't say anything, didn't even have the decency to look abashed or apologize. Jackass.

No comments: