Thursday, October 22, 2009

iTouch

Recently, my iTouch developed a few little lines of dead pixels across the screen.  I took it into the Apple shop today and within twenty minutes walked out with a new (probably refurbished) iTouch. 

I'm happy with the way Apple handles these things, quickly and largely hassle free.  The only downsides were two.  First, I lost everything on my iTouch. Normally, this wouldn't be as big of a deal, because I would just sync with my desktop.  Unfortunately, my desktop is on another continent at the moment. 

Secondly, I had upgraded the software on my iTouch.  I have a first generation, and upgraded it to version 2.2.  The new iTouch is on version 1.1.  In order to use the games I want, I need at least version 2.2.  Unfortunately, I could not find that software, so I had to spend $4.95 to upgrade to version 3.1.  Overall I'm pretty happy with things though.

In less fortunate iProduct related news, Tim took her iPhone swimming with her.  She has a case she uses for working out that wraps around the arm.  She forgot that she was wearing it and got into the water.  Not good.  Not good at all.

No comments: