Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Checking In

I decided to check in our flight online last night in order to speed things up this morning.  I thought that we would just be able to go over to the bag drop off, but the curb side check in guy took us to the regular lines. After waiting for a dog and cat to get checked in, we were waited on by a woman whose accent made it a bit difficult to understand.

I'm not really sure what my online check in accomplished, as she reviewed every document, and ended up printing us identical boarding passes to the ones that I had printed the previous evening.  When reviewing our passports, she asked where are Thai visas were.  I pointed to them in the book.  She said that the visa stamp doesn't say Thailand on it.  It does have Thai writing as well as English which identifies the province issuing it.  I did not see at the time that my re-entry permit, directly below the visa, does in fact. have the word "Thailand" in it.  

This is the first time that we have ever had this issue before.  Tim was busy putting jackets in the suitcase, so I looked at the Delta employee and asked her if she read Thai.  I told her that the Thai writing above the visa was the Thai word for Thailand.  That seemed to mollify her.  

No comments: