Monday, January 3, 2011

Kissing Parents = Yucky

Our youngest daughter Aleena does not like kissing. She does not kiss anyone, and hasn't since she was three or four years old. Nalin went through a phase where she didn't like it, but she outgrew it fairly quickly. Not Aleena, she is still steadfast in her position that kissing is yucky. As a dad, I hope that this belief continues until she is well into her 20's, but I suspect that it will not.

Not only does Aleena not like to be a participant in a kiss, she does not like to see kissing either. When there is a kiss in a movie, she always covers her eyes, much like people do during the scary scenes in movies. Yesterday, Tim and I kissed, and Aleena saw us and covered her eyes. Shortly after, she told us that she couldn't find her iTouch. At that moment, a mischievous idea was born.

I "helped" Aleena to find her iTouch, but  before giving it back to her, Tim and I took a photo of the two of us kissing, and set it as the wallpaper on Aleena's iTouch.  Aleena looked at her iTouch when I returned it, and just gave me glare that still makes me laugh as I think about it.  "I know how to trash it" she explained, and then she went and did just that.

If I had been thinking, I would have taken a photo of her reaction to seeing the photo.  It was a great little moment in a somewhat frustrating day.

No comments: